flyeyes

Well Known Member
Being a cheap.... errr efficient type I am wondering if anyone out there has access to a beading tool and would be willing to bead a piece of tubing for me.

The sniffle valve on my IO-360 exits just above the exhaust which I don't like. I currently have a piece of automotive fuel line clamped on the sniffle tube and routed out the back of the cowl, but it looks like crap.

Originally, I had the "Piper" type sniffle valve which has about a 70 degree bend and swivel on it, but it developed a leak and I couldn't find another one tor replace it. I used the straight one, but it points right at the exhaust.

What I want to do is bead the end of a 2 ft or so section of aluminum tubing, so I can attach it to the (beaded) sniffle tube with a short piece of fuel line and a couple of hose clamps. Unfortunately, beading tools are a couple or three hundred bucks, and I can't find anybody locally with one.

Anybody with access to a beading tool want to sell me a piece of leftover brake or fuel vent line with one end beaded?

TIA

James Freeman

Earl's (Holley) EZ-Beader? Tubing Beader

I bought one made by Earl's, and it works pretty well.

http://www.mpsracing.com/products/Earls/PA_Tools.asp

008ERL1.jpg

beading tool suggestions

Thanks guys.

I think I'll probably buy the cheap tool from Earl's. They also have some other stuff that caught my eye, so now it's going to cost me over $100 ;-)

James Freeman