Only one, don’t, The typical wing NAV/strobes and tail NAV/Strobe do the job.

Carl
I agree. But if you really want to, it's YOUR airplane and YOUR decision, I recommend the Superbright LED model MSTRB strobe. It is super bright, tiny, generates no electrical noise and comes in a variety of colors. I personally have a red one on my airplane.

Beacons ON.jpg

Last edited:
I installed something very similar to Galin. I ordered it off of Amazon. Looks like it’s currently about $65 and comes in a variety of colors. You can change the strobe pattern using a push button to ground. I set mine and haven’t adjusted it since initial installation. Absolutely zero noise in my radios. I believe my radio insulation was top notch, but it’s all stuff from the mid 90s. These little strobes are so cool. I’m constantly looking for new applications.

I originally had a Aeroflash standalone strobe, so I had to make the hole a little bit smaller with some fiberglass work.

IMG_2821.jpeg
IMG_2881.jpeg

I was taught to turn on my red beacon (and Navs) before starting the engine and realized beacons aren't used much on RV's. I fly out of a fly in community and wanted to have a beacon on the belly to give a warning the prop could rotate. The nav on the lower rudder and wings provides some warning but not like a flashing red light. This is very compact and low profile, although not cheap.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-11 140240.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-08-11 140240.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1