Geico266

Well Known Member
Be careful what you wish for! :rolleyes:

What have I done? :eek: After years of the obligatory asking of the wife if she would like to go to OSH, and being politely (and somewhat relieved) turned down year after year, this year she said YES! :eek:

What have I just done? :confused: After years of going solo, stag, batchin it, hanging out with the boys all WEEK long, doing pretty much what ever I wanted, drinking two beers in one night, she said yes! :eek: AND she is excited about it! :eek:

What do I do now?:confused: Do I aimlessly walk around the tee shirt racks looking for the perfect " I am my Grandmothers Co-Pilot" shirt? Do they have booths for cake decorating tips? ;)

I'm just kidding! :D I want to make sure she has a good time. She has had a rough year and she is showing interest in my hobby, what a sweety! I am really pumped that she is going. What do your wives do when they go to OSH? I really want to keep her excitment going so she comes back next year.

I would like to get her involved in the "pink shirt" ladies thing. Any info?

Tips for women having a good time?

I wouldn't want to go to Oshkosh with anyone else, than my wife. She loves the sight & noise of P-51's, and experimental's in general. That's why we love Reno air races too! She's also flown nearly every hour in our RV6A that I have. We do all of our vacations together. 40 years next month. It's simple.......the wives just have to like aviation. Mine hadn't even thought much about flying before getting married. But when I had to finish some gluing on an Phantom jet model, as we were leaving to go to the hospital for our first born......she must have wondered...

L.Adamson -- RV6A

Let her drink a couple of beers and hang out with everyone and enjoy herself,Show her why you like to come to Osh so much,she might really enjoy and want to come back next year!Show her what your airplane will look like when finished,see if an owner will let you sit in it,compare paint schemes.My wife would be pissed if I sent her off with the pink ladies and looking for t shirts.Enjoy.:)

Bob thinks its normal to have a wife that loves to buck rivets, flys a high performance RV7 off a 2000ft grass strip and drools when a P51 makes a high speed low pass!!! :p Oh and she flys a King Air 350 when she has to work (is it really work???)

Let her drink a couple of beers and hang out with everyone and enjoy herself,Show her why you like to come to Osh so much,she might really enjoy and want to come back next year!Show her what your airplane will look like when finished,see if an owner will let you sit in it,compare paint schemes.My wife would be pissed if I sent her off with the pink ladies and looking for t shirts.Enjoy.:)

Last edited:
Be careful. When we went in 2008 (1st time for all of us), she wanted to be in charge of taking most of our photos with our crappy Kodak digital. After some poor pics of John Travolta at the outdoor movie and poor action shots of planes in flight it cost me a new Nikon digital SLR. :D Anyway, she did pretty much everything I did (our kids, 9 & 12, were with us too). She did spend some time in the crafts tent while I went to some of the seminars.

Last edited:
My Wife's Oshkosh Activities

Sounds like fun! Here's what my wife has enjoyed at Oshkosh.

Sitting on the flight line watching the airshows.

Cruising the craft tents.

At least one cruise through the fly mall.

One run through the airplane exhibits with me (homebuilt and certified).

At least one day spent at the outlet malls on the other side of the interstate! :)

Wishes

My wife has flown all over the world with me.
I just couldn't think of going there without her.
we're going on 50 years soon together.:D

She wanted a B-25 !

First time to OSH, while Linda and I were walking through the warbirds, she took a real interest in the B-25's. OMG .... "honey, how much would one of these cost? It would make a great family airplane." Yeah, it sure would (while I was thinking of plumbing the bomb bay with kegs for the arrival parties...)

Well after I looked into it, and found out that changing tires on that thing would be something in the order of $7-large, and the thought of being black up to my elbows for the rest of my life, I suggested an AT-6.

... and bought it! Be very careful Larry!! :D

My wife spends her time at Oshkosh teaching people how to fly the 1903 Wright Flyer....no pink shirts for her! ;)

Larry,

Swing by the RV-10 camping area in Scholler - many of us will have our wives there. There has already been a little off-line discussion among some about "stuff" to do while there. Give me a ring and I can put you in touch with Susan.

Bob
RV-10 N442PM

My wife spends her time at Oshkosh teaching people how to fly the 1903 Wright Flyer....no pink shirts for her! ;)

Isn't there a group of women that gather every year take a picture in AeroShell Square? I thought being a woman and wearing a pink shirt was a cool thing?

No offense to the FAA guys & gals working OSH wearing pink! :eek:

Larry,

My wife had me buy another RV so I could take her and the mini-me to OSH with me. This RV is of the pop-up variety so she and the little guy will have a comfortable place to sleep for the week.

As for what she does during the day. Well, she is a bit of a motor head so she will be out looking at planes along with the rest of us.

If any of you see a grey Nissan Titan and a pop-up trailer with NC planes, stop in and introduce yourself.

OMG! My wife just said she really wants to look at WAR BIRDS! She is really into "Rosie The Riveter" & WWII stuff. Who knew? Just when you think you know someone they surprise you. Back off guys, she's all mine! ;)

This is gonna be a great OSH! Bill R. I can see another "RV" in our future!

Make sure you stop by and say hey! We actually ordered a supply of shirts for the young ladies....so we'll save y'all one!

Cheers and see ya at OSH!
Stein

Make sure you stop by and say hey! We actually ordered a supply of shirts for the young ladies....so we'll save y'all one!

Cheers and see ya at OSH!
Stein

I guess Tanya won't have any complaints this year. Last year, you were sure the limited supply small shirts were because I wasn't spending enough since finishing the build :). I'm sure next year will be different. Mmmmm, electronic tinker toys...

I guess Tanya won't have any complaints this year. Last year, you were sure the limited supply small shirts were because I wasn't spending enough since finishing the build :). I'm sure next year will be different. Mmmmm, electronic tinker toys...

That's because I didn't want to give her a shirt that was too big for her...and I didn't have any Xtra Small's available! :)

Cheers,
Stein

She must like flying

Since she built and flies her 6A regularly, she must like it.

141J.jpg

Judy, from West Texas.

HmtoLub.jpg

WomenVenture

Isn't there a group of women that gather every year take a picture in AeroShell Square? I thought being a woman and wearing a pink shirt was a cool thing?

There is "WomenAventure" again this year and they will be handing out tee shirts (although it is not clear that they will be pink). http://www.airventure.org/attractions/womenventure.html

I think it WOULD be cool to get one of their tee shirts and check out some of their events. HOWEVER, WomenVenture and those tee shirts are for women pilots and student pilots. I'm guessing that you, Larry, are thinking about a different (accompanier?) suite of activities.