KirkGrovesRV8

Well Known Member
Wow
I just got home from the airport were I was a witness to a taxi accident, the good news is no one was hurt the bad news is a friend with a retract velocity that was literally a week away from flying is now a wreck.:mad:
To keep it short and too the point a champ taxied almost 150 yds right into my friends airplane, moral of the story don't forget to look where you are going;)
Scary thing is my buddy tried right up till the end to save his plane and almost got hit himself:eek:
Hope I don't sound preachy but wow I feel broken hearted for my buddy right now

People do stupid dangerous things all the time. Last year at my buddies hanger, we watched a guy in the next row get out of his running airplane to get something he forgot. By the time he reached his hanger door, the parking brake vibrated loose and the plane started rolling in a left turn straight for the next hanger. By the grace of God, he managed to run and open the cockpit door and get in the moving plane, stopping it 3 feet from impact. Just plane dumb and lazy.:mad:

Unfortunately ...

This is not the first time a tail dragger has run into something he can't see.

Bob Axsom

pay attention

This is not the first time a tail dragger has run into something he can't see.

Bob Axsom

The champ has pretty good vis there must be more to this sad story. The Piper Pacer is one with bad forward vis not to mention the warbirds( few years back I think an RV pilot was killed by a taildragger war bird at OSH.)

Chris M

"( few years back I think an RV pilot was killed by a taildragger war bird at OSH.)"

Actually the fellow killed was our EAA Chapter president. He was a plastic plane guy with a Lancair 235. He was riding passenger in my hangar mate's RV6 when a Grumman TBM taxied into them from behind and it's prop ate up the tail of the RV6. My hangar mate missed the same fate by less than two inches.

RIP Gary Palmer. Leader, mentor, pilot, friend.