redmark

What did other builders use for the F-1201D battery spacer. I don't have the AT6 .058 x 5/16 tubing in my firewall kit. Was it something out of one of the other kits?

Thanks,
-Ron

Battery Hardware?

Perhaps the spacer is located with the battery hardware. It is a good idea to measure the length required instead of relying on the dimension in the plans.
Joe

It came with the Firewall-forward kit

I spent almost an hour looking for it before finding I'd filed it under "unknown". It's a piece of hard aluminm tube about 3 inches long. Mine apparently had no part number and the short length didn't have a complete alloy designation. When cut to exactly 1 1/16 inches as per the plans there's enough clearance under the hold-down bar (1/32") for the battery to move around. Seems like the bar should be in contact with the top of the battery.

Wayne 120241

I can't find that spacer material either. Did it have a part number or was it in one of the bags?

John, I called Van's tech support and they said that *maybe* there should have been enough AT6 .058 x 5/16 tubing from one of the other kits to do the job. I searched but no luck for me. I'll have to call them back later today. BTW: For a ref. point my kit was packaged early April.

Hmmm. Same timing as mine. I wonder if somebody goofed. I plan to visit the local hardware store to find something to use for the spacers.

Here is the follow-up from Van's... its the only kit I have yet to order.

"In the avionics kit you get AT6-058X5/16X9 (9" long). Not all of this will have
been used to make the spacers required in the kit, so you should have a
couple of inches left for the battery spacers."