JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
Trying to stick to plans as much as possible, I landed the starter contractor on the left firewall inboard and below the brake fluid reservoir. I'm planning to use the plans penetrations for the control cables. There is a large hole outboard left upper firewall for the battery cable to pass through. Would like some input on choices....

1. Using that hole from plans, what grommet is used to hold the cable? I can't locate that in the plans.
2. If I put in a SS firewall sleeve penetration, what is used to seal the that hole in the plans? My initial thought is a SS press plug with fire-resistant sealant on it.
3. Where on the left side is the best location for a SS firewall sleeve penetration, that doesn't interfere with anything else once everything is installed?

The very nice SS firewall penetration that comes in the RV-14 kit is perfect for this. I used two in the new RV-10 project, one on each side.

I use a few inches of small diameter fire sleeve inside the fitting to protect the wires. On the engine side I use larger diameter piece of firesleeve to over the outside of the fitting. A hose clamp to hold it together, and some hight temp RTV to seal the firewall side end.

Carl

The very nice SS firewall penetration that comes in the RV-14 kit is perfect for this. I used two in the new RV-10 project, one on each side.

I use a few inches of small diameter fire sleeve inside the fitting to protect the wires. On the engine side I use larger diameter piece of firesleeve to over the outside of the fitting. A hose clamp to hold it together, and some hight temp RTV to seal the firewall side end.

Carl
Thanks Carl I will probably use the same. The location is where I’m head scratching.