bonzv35

I'm New Here
I'm relocating my battery to the firewall on my Christen Eagle. I've noticed that some of the RV's have the battery on the firewall also. Is there a drawing available of the battery box for the Odessy battery?
Thanks

The battery box is part of the optional firewall forward kit. It includes all the parts necessary to mount (and hold down) the battery on the firewall. Off the top of my head, the part number is PC680 or something like that and you can certainly buy it separately. Just do a search in Van's webstore. There are no drawings that provide dimensions for building it yourself (that I know of), though it probably wouldn't be hard. One other advantage of the kit from Van's, the steel battery box and angles come powdercoated already. Good luck.

Just install the battery box today on RV7A. It?s a nice box and the plate nuts to hold it can be installed on the battery box angles so you can run the bolts from inside the cabin. No mounting plate nuts on the firewall just drill holes for the three bolts. You have to fab the hold down strap no big deal.

Squeak
Jasper,IN
RV7A
F.F.

Buy fom Vans

Bonanza guy.... :)

I think this is what you need from Vans...

ES PC680 INSTALL KIT BATTERY MOUNT 7/9 $50.00

I bought one to upgrade my RV-6A from it's original large size battery inside the cockpit to the firewall mounted Odyssey battery.

It's the metal case - that you need to drill lightening holes in - the powder coated L-shaped steel mounting brackets, mounting hardware, and the strap needed to hold down the battery.

The drawings you asked about are part of the kit....

gil in Tucson

bonzv35 said:
can anyone tell me what size the bolts are that hold the battery box to the firewall?

I used 1/4 in. bolts.

Best place I found to buy is gotbatteries.com Denver C. 303-460-8261 ask for Dave.
pc680 $76.95
box 30 bucks unpainted or 34 black powdercoat

Good luck!! :)

bonzv35 said:
can anyone tell me what size the bolts are that hold the battery box to the firewall?

The plans call out AN3-4A's (3 of them), which is what I used. That's for the Van's box.

Jim

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the RV battery box. (Click to enlarge) Note the AN3 bolts go through angle aluminum on the inside. There is only one nut plate on the other side, in the middle of the white bracket.

BTW, Holland is one of my favorite cities. We used to go to the beach there when I was going to WMU and later when I moved to Detroit I would fly out there to spend the day at the state park.