GaryK

Well Known Member
Friend
I've flow to the Bahamas a couple of times in a Commander 114 but never in my RV7A. In the past you had to get prior approval to fly an experimental into the Bahamas, is that still required?

Thanks for your help

Gary
N715AB

Apparently not. Go a forum search and there are lots of good posts on it. There is a letter I took that gave authority to travel there without asking "Mother may I?"

Look on page three of this link:

http://tinyurl.com/3bcplr

Paul (Rosie) Rosales

Send Rosie a PM. He practically 'lives' in the Bahamas as much as he goes via RV....and that is via SoCal as his first takeoff on the trip!

He can surely help a TON.

It is no different

than flying there in a certified aircraft.

We had a gaggle of certified birds and an RV go over there together this summer.

Same proceedures for all of us.

I liked the services of Airport Tiki (Volo Aviation) at Ft Pierce (KFPR). They are next to the customs building. You can get a free ride to a local hotel that was nice (Royal Inn). Take advantage of their documentation preparation service.

Good breakfast at the restaurant there.

I've flow to the Bahamas a couple of times in a Commander 114 but never in my RV7A. In the past you had to get prior approval to fly an experimental into the Bahamas, is that still required?

Thanks for your help

Gary
N715AB

No you do not need prior approval. Ive never been asked for the doc below, but its the current legal precedure. Log into EAA's website and get it.
"The EAA has worked (successfully) with Bahamian government to streamline this procedure. In order to meet your operating limitation requirement, print out the approval letter at the following website, meet the requirements of the letter and carry it on board your aircraft. With this authorization letter, your homebuilt is treated the same as any other US or Canadian registered standard category aircraft flying to the Bahamas."

http://members.eaa.org/home/homebuilders/operating/borders/bahamas.pdf
Best,

Last edited:
Thanks for the info

I'm looking forward to the trip.

Thanks everyone,
Gary
N715AB