RickWoodall

Well Known Member
This will be our third trip from Canada to the islands. Looking for any tips or pireps for anyone that has stayed in the treasure cay (still looking at properties) or long island areas (stella marais or cape santa maria are short listed).

We have a group of 8-12 planes and like to be near the airports...and decent accommodations at fair prices. Have enjoyed blackpoint, hawksnest and pittstown in the past.

treasure cay area and long island are the planned lz this year. Just would love to hear from those that know the area and can point us in a good direction.

Thanks.

Long Island

A friend and I did some island hopping in 05, looking for property and just generally enjoying the adventure. I fell in love with Cape Santa Maria, and bought a villa (beach condo) there. It's about a 15 minute drive from the Stella Maris airport. It's not a cheap place to stay, but well worth the upgrade in price from the Stella Maris resort, where we stayed on the first trip.

The Cape resort is Canadian owned, Oak Bay Marine Group out of Vancouver Island. Very high end but small. Everything is as perfect as it can be on a remote island. I've stayed at Pittstown and Hawksnest and the Cape resort is much nicer that either of those, but I enjoyed them too. But what really sells it is the beach. It has been ranked as one of the top ten beaches in the world, for what ever that is worth. I've traveled a fare bit and I have to say it is the nicest beach I've ever seen. Flour white sand and swimming pool blue water. The sand is so fine that it feels like your walking on a carpet when you're in the water. And it is on the leeward side of the island, so the water is always calm.

Long Island is special. It is still 90% long islanders. Friendly people. No fast food or stop lights on an island that is 80 miles long. Basically no crime. It really is a special place that is not to be missed if you are going to be anywhere near.

Beware at Treasure

Fuel is ALWAYS a big if at Treasure. We love Green Turtle and consider it a "must see"..... but, be prepared to fuel up at Marsh Harbour...... If you don't plan on going over to GTC, I'd go to MYAM then ride the ferry over to Elbow and stay at the Hopetown Habour Logde..... Cool little place on the beach.....

Last edited:
More.....

There have to be more on here that have been to stella and treasure cay????

Hello? Is this thing on? ;)

Bahamas tips???

There are a pile of folks on here that do the bahamas.

Stella maris or cape santa maria resort... ???

Any pireps?? Only a few days left before we book one of them.

Freeport

We landed at Freeport and the folks are so friendly and lots to do. We did day trips to Treasure Cay and Marsh Harbor and ferried to Elbow Cay and Hopetown. Great islands to visit and close to Freeport.

Best,