Marteck

Working on section 21. I have read that the baggage floors have been
changed to allow inspection access without removing the fuel tank.
Found reference in this forum to two new part numbers: F-00081 and F-00083
Could not find a drawing at Vans or a listing for the part numbers.
Also was Section 24 Changed to allow access through the baggage bulkhead without removing the tank?
Thank you for any help on this.

I thought I remembered a mod to the KAI to show F-00081 & F-00083 but I can't seem to be able to find it now. The only reference I can find now is on 42N-20. Section 42, though, is for the Garmin G3X Touch installation. I ordered the two parts separately and installed in my (Skyview) -12 in place of the one piece.

Tom is right, the only place I remember the split baggage floor was in the G3X installation instructions.

However, I think what you really want is the split Baggage Wall. It is the split Wall that provides access to the tailcone for inspection without the need to remove the fuel tank.

Do both

Many of us have added splits to BOTH the bulkhead and the baggage floor (after DAR signoff) even before the new pieces were available to order from Vans, to help facilitate inspections without having to remove the tank. There are some pictures posted elsewhere on here that I used as a guide.

With the recent posting about a situation where rivets may have been rubbing on the bottom of the tank, maybe removing the tank at annual inspection time should not be avoided after all. Will wait to see how that issue evolves.

Tom is right, the only place I remember the split baggage floor was in the G3X installation instructions.

However, I think what you really want is the split Baggage Wall. It is the split Wall that provides access to the tailcone for inspection without the need to remove the fuel tank.

Using the term "split baggage wall" I found a posting by Rick A on 10/15
with photos and part numbers.
Thank for posting the photos and part numbers Rick, and thank you all for the quick response.