rwarre

Well Known Member
Ok I will admit my stupidity but I still need advice. So after ordering a second aluminum sheet to replace the first baggage floor which didn’t fit the way I wanted, I measured 5 or 6 times and made the cut plus ¼ inch. When I tried the piece it I still was1/4 inch too small. I thought about adding a piece of angle to the floor stiffener to take up the gap. The first floor I did came out fine. This is 6a

Ok I will admit my stupidity but I still need advice. So after ordering a second aluminum sheet to replace the first baggage floor which didn’t fit the way I wanted, I measured 5 or 6 times and made the cut plus ¼ inch. When I tried the piece it I still was1/4 inch too small. I thought about adding a piece of angle to the floor stiffener to take up the gap. The first floor I did came out fine. This is 6a
Start with a poster board pattern. It's cheaper, easier to cut out and additional pieces can be taped on.
Stewart Willoughby, 6

+1 on the cardboard pattern idea.
Nice thing is, it's just a flat piece of AL.
It's definitely worthwhile to keep some reasonably large sheets of .032 and 0.25 around. It sure came in handy for me during my build and even since for repairs and mods and such.