N223JH

Well Known Member
Page 21-02 Figure One directs the builder to dimple all #30 and #40 holes in the dashed areas. I understand why dimples are necessary where the countersunk nutplates are under the fuel tank and I understand where #30's should be dimpled to accept the CS pop rivets. What I don't understand is why the nutplate attach rivets (#40) should be dimpled on what will be flat floor and where non-countersunk nutplates are installed in the underlying structure.

It would appear to me that the only dimpling necessary would be the #19 holes on the fuel tank side and the #30's on the fuel tank side where they apparently want a flush floor. (But they call for a non-CS) nutplate in the same line as those #30 holes.

Lacking the plans for fuel tank installation, I am mystified what's going on here. Can someone help me out.

Jim

floor

OK, I think I've got this figured out. (Thanks to all of you who posted good photos on your builder sites!) The doggone platenuts are riveted through the rib flanges *and* the baggage floor. Easy fix. Disregard question. Jim

I like a guy that answers his own questions! Glad I could help. ;)

If you haven't done so yet, leave the turtle deck skins off until final assemble. It is much easier to access the bagage area for fuel pump magnatometer, and wiring installation.