bubba

looking for pictures in the prefabing of baggage door, can someone supply or give me a web sites where I can get some pictures.

Thanks

Good one.

If you are asking about the front hatch. That is one that is as much art as it is anything. It gets to a lot of builders. I have a good friend with the training wheel on the back that did or re-did his about five times. The best thing I can tell you is, fit the top skin and get it just right. then tape it down, just in the right place. Then fit all the framing from the inside with the top skin in place. Give this part a lot of time and get it all to fit oh so just right.
When you get the frame to fit, then carefully and slowly drill the frame to the top skin while the skin is still taped down tight. Now you can take it all apart and de-burr and dimple. Don't forget to prime all the inside parts. At this point you can do one of two things. Put it all back on, recheck all the fit, get some help and drive the top rivets. Are you can put the rivets in on the bench. If you do it with it taped down in place your fit will be better. On the bench is how most builder do it. Now it is important to point out that it is best to start at the top or bottom and work your way up from one end of the rivet row while crossing over to the other side of the frame to catch the next higher rivet each time you move up to the next rivet in these two rows. When you get the rivets in recheck the fit. When it all fits just right, tape it down and do the same thing from the inside with the bottom skin. Go slow and always work from one end in the rows to the other. When you have the bottom skin fitted, take it all back off and de-burr, dimple, prime, stop and take a long break. Then comes the fun part. Put it back on, check your fit, tape it back down so very right. Get back inside and slowly install the pop-rivets with it taped and as I like, strapped down. Again start at one end and work your way up or down the row slowly and carefully as not to move anything. One more important point, this is one of those jobs were putting a cleco in every hole all the time will help keep thing going, what did I say just right. I might add it is not unusual to have to drill out the bottom pop rivets and do that side a couple of times before you like the fit. It will hurt but go slow, you'll get it.. Yours as always R.E.A. III # 80888