Leonard_Smith_nz

All,

The baffles and the black rubber seals are on! Casting a critical eye over the installation does lead me conclude that it would be better if I could fasten the different rubber strips together. This would decrease the risk of gaps appearing and ensure that the rubber always folds inward.

Any ideas on how to do this?

I appreciate that any solution has to easily reversable to allow the baffles to be removed at some point in the future.

Regards,
Leonard
RV6 in New Zealand

Leonard_Smith_nz said:
All,

The baffles and the black rubber seals are on! Casting a critical eye over the installation does lead me conclude that it would be better if I could fasten the different rubber strips together. This would decrease the risk of gaps appearing and ensure that the rubber always folds inward.

Any ideas on how to do this?

I appreciate that any solution has to easily reversable to allow the baffles to be removed at some point in the future.

Regards,
Leonard
RV6 in New Zealand

Leonard: Here is what I did-- lacking lacing cord, I grabbed some dental floss and laced my rubber strips together at strategic locations. My wife donated the needle.

FMI http://www3.telus.net/aviation/flying/RV-9A/photos/Firewall_fwd/Firewall_fwd_photos.html

Vern Little
RV-9A
123_2325_1.jpg

Use a leather hole punch on the rubber and fasten with nylon wire ties. You'll find that they can probably be removed after about 20 hours of flight time as the baffles will have taken a "set". On the other hand, there's no risk of abrasion damage in leaving them on.