trib

Well Known Member
I'm piecing together my baffling system on my ECI O360 on a 6A, using van's kit, but cannot find anywhere the dimensions for the seal material. The gap is to be 3/8" to 1/2" between the baffling and the cowl and sealed by the material. What is the nominal width of the material, and how much is overlapping the aluminum and how much is left to flex and seal on the cowl? My guess is it looks to be about 1" overlap on the baffling and maybe 1 1/2" to reach the cowl and seal, giving a total of about 2 1/2" width. This is purely a guess and I'm curious to see if there is any consistency between builders. How about it? Do you know what width you used?

Tim, I used about 2.5" to 2.75" of width and about 1" of overlap on the baffles. 2" would probably be the bare minimum and 3" is probably a little overkill.

Tim, I agree with Rob. I am in the process of doing mine as we speak and after some research those are the numbers I came up with. If we all use these numbers and are wrong.... :eek:

Carry on,
Larry

You don't really need and inch of overlap on the baffle side. 1/2"-3/4" would be plenty. The more you have above the baffle, the more likely you are to seal. I would plan on using 2 1/2" with a bitt more that 1.5" above the baffle.