rtl_flyer

I am sure I have seen some alli tube with flange I could rivet to the baffle wall, and attach a cooling tube. I have found 1" at Aircraft Spruce but I am looking for 3/4" or 1/2". Like the heater duct to baffle but smaller.
Any links?

Regards Tim.

The Vans solution for blast tubes is to just stick the blast tube through the baffle, I think secured with a cable tie. Report back if you find a flange. That would be a nicer solution.

get your tubing and make a large alum. washer type piece to fit over it and
then find a Heli arc guy in your chapter or a shop and have them run a quick
bead around it, bracket made.

Ted Farmin said:
get your tubing and make a large alum. washer type piece to fit over it and
then find a Heli arc guy in your chapter or a shop and have them run a quick
bead around it, bracket made.

That would be great... but..... I am in the UK.

Driving at $7 a gallon to get a few parts welded more expensive than shipping made up parts in another country!

I am kicking myself... As I should have had a few parts in my pocket while I was at Sun N Fun. Great welding demo "could you show me on these parts?"

Sure I have seen a site with some on, but can't find it anywhere.

Although I could get 20-30 made up, could there be a market for them?

Baffle Tube Flange

I picked up a piece of rigid aluminum tubing at the local hardware store (that fit the blast tubing I had), cut a piece about 2.5" long, drilled 6 holes around it about 3/4" from the end, cut to the holes with the band saw, and bent the six tabs out 90* and - voil? - a nice little hose flange. I riveted it to the front baffle for an alternator cooling blast hose mount. I used high-temp RTV to seal the flange to baffle gaps. The best picture I can point to right now is...

175_7597.JPG

IMG_0300 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
I have made them out of fiberglass and epoxy. You could use a wooden dowel, or something, as the plug and then remove it to form the tube and just make a flat lay up for the base. I made one this way for a 4" scat tube to my oil cooler that needed a special angle in it. I actually took the baffle piece and created a styrofoam mold and attached it to the baffle, then made the lay up over it. Worked great and looks good, too.