Michael Burbidge

Well Known Member
I'm working on fitting the baffles. The directions don't say much about trimming. Is the idea to trim where needed to make the baffles fit? Here's two example. On the front right ramp needs to be trimmed otherwise it will rub against the flywheel. Here's a picture.

e95b70b9dff6411c9a3b4819d6ea9dd0

The front left ramp needs to be trimmed where it is currently hitting the engine case and preventing it from having the correct angle. Here's a picture.

77bed3cd4eee47619957c73302c3c5f4

Do I just trim both places until they fit nicely? How much room should I leave between the ramp and the flywheel?

Thanks,
Michael-

Yes, you will need to trim them. You want to keep your baffles as tight as possible to prevent leaks, so trim only as necessary for adequate clearance.

I'm working on fitting the baffles. The directions don't say much about trimming. Is the idea to trim where needed to make the baffles fit?

Yes. When it comes to the baffles, consider everything to be "trim as needed" to make it fit right. In fact, more generally, modify as needed to make it fit right. It may take more than just trimming in some places.

On the front right ramp needs to be trimmed otherwise it will rub against the flywheel.
How much room should I leave between the ramp and the flywheel?

Obviously you'll want some reasonable clearance so there's no chance of contact under vibration. But for now, trim only as much as you have to to eliminate the interference. Later you'll trim it back further when your baffles are further along and you can see how it all fits together. In this particular instance, you'll find that you can trim the inboard part of the ramp way back after you've fitted the front baffles.