McFly

Well Known Member
I thought I could call the baffles done (actually it?s an all metal plenum) but in keeping with my theory that they will never get finished, I have a question. ;)

Each cylinder baffle has two long curved flanges that wrap around the bottom of the cylinder. The in-board curved flange conforms to the cylinder barrel; the outboard curved flange conforms to the cylinder head. That is except on the number three baffle, the inboard curved flange does not conform to the barrel because it is too wide. It extends 1/8?-1/4? to overlap the cylinder head. Is this a misfit or by design?

If it is a misfit, I will have to trim 1/8?-1/4? of the inner curved flange to get it to conform. Will the now large gap between the inner and outer curved flanges cause any cooling issues? Thanks

Last edited:
I'll try to remember to look at mine tonight. Is this a 360/parallel valve, 360/angle valve, or 320?

I have the 180 HP parallel valve engine and also built a metal plenum. When installing the #3 cylinder piece, I had a similar mismatch and ended up doing some trimming of the part where it matches up against the case. I also did some slight trimming on the outboard edge, of the curved piece for the barrel, as you suggested. In the end, it all fit well. Remember, these parts are close, but not perfect.
Good luck