HighSchoolBuilders

Well Known Member
Guys,

I am working on the fuel tank at the moment. Today, I took a break from Proseal and had a look at my baffle attach angles. They were already drilled and ready to be install once the baffle is on, supposingly.

This time, instead of using clecos, I recheck the holes alignment with bolts, and the result are less than ideal. some of them are ever so slightly misaligned, causing the bolt very difficult to screw on, or the bolt won't go in straight.

A couple of them has hole misalignment, while some of the holes are align correctly, but I suspect the platenut is misaligned.

Is there any fix to this, or am I better off getting new angles and redo it. The concern is, I am not sure what I've done wrong to cause this misalignment. I sure don't want to get the new replacement and end up repeating the mistake.

Many thanks!
Hank

the bolts are harder than the spar or the angle, so screw them in and the threads will make a tight fit, or ream them out and accept potentially sloppy fitment....i would go with screwing them in, even if it's difficult

i've seen some people strip the nutplates though, so i would tap the holes first to line them with the nutplate

somebody smarter chime in!