Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
"Engine Baffles" in the Jan. 09 issue of EAA Sport Aviation is a very precise article that addresses the baffle design concept and implementation details in very plain language form. Specific details behind the configuration are given that I have never seen anywhere else in my casual reading (yes I have read the old NACA and NASA reports). Things like the method "do's and don'ts" for tying the curved undercylinder ends of the forward and rear baffles together have been brought up in this forum so the article addresses concerns that exist within our ranks. Obviously I learned some things - the discussion of the baffling function on the steel and aluminum portions of the cylinders was enlightening

Bob Axsom

"Engine Baffles" in the Jan. 09 issue of EAA Sport Aviation is a very precise article that addresses the baffle design concept and implementation details in very plain language form. Specific details behind the configuration are given that I have never seen anywhere else in my casual reading (yes I have read the old NACA and NASA reports). Things like the method "do's and don'ts" for tying the curved undercylinder ends of the forward and rear baffles together have been brought up in this forum so the article addresses concerns that exist within our ranks. Obviously I learned some things - the discussion of the baffling function on the steel and aluminum portions of the cylinders was enlightening

Bob Axsom

They didn't seem to like 2024 aluminum - aren't the RV baffles made from 2024?