drycreek

Copied from the home page,
Badlands Fly-In Sept 6-9
(From Larry Vetterman) The Badlands flyin is scheduled for Sept 6-9 and the list of activities are as follows. Arrive Thursday. evening meal at Wolley's restaurant.

Friday, tour the Mammoth Site and go to Wind Cave for a cave tour. Friday evening meal at Vetterman's hangar at Hot Springs (HSR) airport. Yes we will have a good supply of chilled beverages.

Saturday. Arrive at the airport and get a pre-flight briefing for the Black Hills aerial tour. This tour will be the same as in years past, ie Hot Springs, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Spearfish Canyon, Devils Tower, Bear Butte, Wall SD, fly the Badlands and return to Hot Springs. The evening meal will be at the Allen Ranch, by popular request.

Sunday-- busses will bring you to the airport for departure to home or other destinations.

We will have a registration fee which will cover the main meals and the bus transportation to and from the motels. You can pay this fee upon arrival. We have also made arrangements with HSR fueling for a discount on Avgas for the weekend.

Please make your own reservations at USA Stay 605-745-4411. Badlands fly in rate of $74.99, Budget Host Motel, 605-745-3130, Badlands fly in rate of $45.00 single and $50.00 double. Both motels have continental breakfast.

We are very dry this year and the screw in style tie downs will not work so please bring the stake in type of tie downs.

If you need any more information please call 605 745 5932 (shop) or 605 891 1290 (Clint's cell). Let's hope the wx cooperates this year so we can enjoy a fun weekend in the Black Hills.

Please call one of the number listed above as will need a head count and to give us your choice of menu items at the saturday nite cookout. The final day to resgister will be Sept. 3rd as the food vendors need some time to prepare

Larry Vetterman
If you haven't been to this fly-in, you don't know what you are missing. :cool:

Last edited:
Not much time left!!!!!!

The Badlands fly-in is fast approaching and the deadline for regestration is is Monday, Sep 3.If you are planning on coming and haven't called, PLEASE do so. I checked the extended forcast and it is looking good!
For some reason I couldn't find the other thread that everyone was posting on, so I posted on this one. It has all the pertinent information. Hot Springs' airport id is:KHSR
We are looking forward to seeing all of you again!

Not much time left!!!

The Badlands fly-in is quickly approaching and the regestration deadline is Monday, Sep 3. If you are planning on coming but haven't called, PLEASE do so. The extended forcast is calling for good weather.
I couldn't find the other thread that everyone was posting on so I pulled up this one. It has all of the information about what we will be doing. Hot Springs Airport id is: KHSR
We are looking forward to seeing all of you!

Bad Lands FUN!

Bad Lands FUN!

The count was 63 airplanes. If you did not fly in ,, Good :rolleyes: That was about the right amount.
We had some good times, one couple took the curtsey car and kept it all day, rude! The faces change but we keep seeing some of the same ones. It is nice to meet new friends and renew old ones. This was the 4th Badlands Fly In.
Larry has done a good job of intertaining all of us. Hope he wants to have us again, next year!
Thanks to Larry and Cathy

PS: We flew home T67 Hicks, non stop in 4hr 17 minutes.

And a good time was had by all

It was unanimous, everyone that went to Larry's fabulous Fly-In had an awesome time. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end.
LeavingSouthDakota.jpg