RVamigo

I'm New Here
Hi Guys!

Couple years ago I built already an RV.

Now I have a new project and have problems with rivets and stopped working until I get a solution for my problem that I never had before.

Here is a picture of this bad rivets.
URL]

Bad_Rivet.jpg

Does somebody know the exactly reason why that happens?

Using a 3X Rivet Gun with 30 PSI. Hard pressure on the gun, moderate pressure on the 2lbs bucking bar.

Thanks
Paulo

Photo

Hi Guys!

Couple years ago I built already an RV.

Now I have a new project and have problems with rivets and stopped working until I get a solution for my problem that I never had before.

Here is a picture of this bad rivets.
URL]

Bad_Rivet.jpg

Does somebody know the exactly reason why that happens?

Using a 3X Rivet Gun with 30 PSI. Hard pressure on the gun, moderate pressure on the 2lbs bucking bar.

Thanks
Paulo

Can't see the photo.
Edit
It looks like a proud rivet. The cause is there is more pressure on the bucking side just before the shop head swells enough to hold the rivet in place. Push harder on the factory side and less on the bucking bar.
Here's the photo
315hfd2.jpg

Last edited:
I learned that using riveting tape on every rivet was a big help in keeping them from backing out.

Should you get one that stands up like that, sometimes you can push them back into place with a spring loaded center punch, if they are not overly set.

I do not think that the hole was dimpled and that the original poster perhaps thought that the riveting process would "make" the dimple. Just a guess.