mototopo

Well Known Member
A friend asked me how to set rivets BACR15BA4D7C. I don't have any idea about what they are. Any info?

Boeing rivet part numbers

Hi Claudia,

The part number you provided is a Boeing part number for a CSK 1/8 D -7 rivet, I'm not up to speed with NAS part numbers but they all use the same material for rivets, A, B, AD, D, KE and DD rivets.

If your not familiar with D rivets they are a bit harder than AD rivets so it depends where you intend to use them

Hi Nick,
thanks for the info. I don't know exactly on wich part/assembly my friend intend to use them. He just asked me if I was aware of the right tool needed for buck/squeeze them on small sub-assemblies. I imagine a standard rivet squeezer will do the job.

Harder than AD rivets

Hi Claudio

Sorry about the slow response I've been crook..

The D rivet is a little harder than an AD rivet, I don't have the material spec to compare the two types of rivets, they need just a little bit more of a hit to put them down.

D rivets are normally used in preference to AD rivets for structural assemble. The part number you listed is a 1/8th dia rivet, I'd be careful if you intend to use it on thin material, you can distort the sheet if too much force is used in riveting.

D rivets are easy to put down using conventional riveting techniques, rivet gun, pneumatic squeeze riveters.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,