N546RV

Well Known Member
So for you builders who have gone before me: Did you ever get kits minus backordered parts, and if so, how long did it take to get those parts?

My wing kit arrived just under four weeks ago, minus the tank attach nutplates and a couple of tank ribs. I'm just wondering what a normal timeline for getting this stuff might be.

(I guess I could just call up Van's too...) :rolleyes:

My rudder cables and Lord Engine mount isolation rubbers where on back order when I received my kit, the rudder cables turned up about 2-3 weeks later, the Lord mounts turned up about 8-9 weeks later, I live in Australia and I thought that was pretty good service, so I guess if your in the USA it will be even faster, but then I guess it also depends on how quickly VANs replenish parts?

Cheers

I had a few parts that were backordered with my FWF and they were both delivered within a week or so. Very good service and they are so friendly in the ordering department, I love talking to them! They went way beyond expected to get my wing kit delivered in about one week so my son who was just about to be deployed could help me put them together.

Backorder received before kit

My finish kit had some hardware that was backordered. I actually received the hardware in the mail a couple days prior to my kit delivery.

Probably had four or five backordered lines total from all of the kits. Never took longer than about two weeks.

Update: just got off the phone. Seems they just got in the tank rib I'm missing, and they have one type of nutplate I need...but not the tank attach nutplates. Apparently they're having some trouble with the manufacturer in getting those in. They expect to get those at the beginning of May.

:eek:

But they're going to go ahead and ship out the rest of the items, so I guess I can get to work straightening ribs while I wait for the nutplates.