RFSchaller

Well Known Member
This is no big deal, but it surprised me.

I noticed my canopy was hanging up as I tried to close it. I found a flush screw on the passenger side of the rear window where it is attached to the crash arch had backed out about 3/16" I tightened it and found several more that were backing out.

Just wanted to pass on the info. TTSN 320 Hrs.

Funny you should mention that. I noticed exactly the same thing on mine today ...

The 6/32" screws attaching the rear window to the roll-bar have started backing out at 16 hrs. So, what is the solution? Loctite appears to be a no-no since it will craze the plastic. Maybe a small dab of ProSeal on the threads? What do you folks think?

Alex

Last edited:
I did not use countersunk screws. I used regular ones with plastic washers underneath. None have backed out in 150 hrs. Don't have the plans handy - were countersunk specified?

Not to my knowledge Bill. I used SS round head 6/32" screws. I wonder if RFSchaller meant the screws in the nylon canopy positioning "bumpers" that attach to the roll-bar?
Alex

Alex,

Nope. The screws along the crash arch on the forward edge of the back window are all flush head. At least they were when I built it in 2010-2012. Like I said it's no big deal, just something to be aware of.

Rich

Rich,

I will add my 2 cents. I too checked mine, round head SS 6-32 screws, and they all needed some tightening. Now since they are holding down the plex they don't get much torque so it will be something to check at least annually.

Thanks for the heads-up