Hello everyone,

I have spent a good deal of time away and now am in an entirely different place. I have some general and specific questions about the RV-8 series kit plane. Some of these I think I have asked before but for some reason cannot find my old threads.

First off, I am 6'5" and about 270 pound and losing. My fiancee is about 5'7" and 160 pounds. I think I have asked before if I would fit in the aircraft and I believe there was a tall man option that is available (when you order the aircraft?) that will allow me more legroom. This would obviously be at the expense of the rear pax and may not work. I have also heard from a builder that the fast back option raises the canopy a little and possibly adds some width to the cabin? Are these correct observations?

Secondly, since this is an experimental aircraft, can you lengthen the fuselage a few inches in the cabin area to compensate for our shortcomings?

Thank you in advance for any feedback you all may have to offer.

Sincerely,

Andrew Broadfoot

Hi Andrew...

Secondly, since this is an experimental aircraft, can you lengthen the fuselage a few inches in the cabin area to compensate for our shortcomings?
Whilst probably legal and possible (in the USA), I would think a lot of effort.

and I believe there was a tall man option that is available
I think there is?

Overall, the cockpit area is large. To make more room in the front seat area, it would not be difficult at all to move the front seat rearwards, and even down a bit. If you could forego the rear stick (is your Fiancee [wanting to be] a pilot?) then this would all be easier...