Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Back to the land of the pit barbecue....

It seems like a lot longer than four and a half weeks since I headed the Toyota west and then watched my executive pilot bring the Valkyrie to California a couple of days later. But it only seems longer because of the great times I have had with old and new friends alike. In that time, the RV-8 has given me trips to Apple Valley, Cable, Fullerton, Hemet, Agua Dulce, San Luis Obispo, Inyokern, Bakersfield, Lemoore, and Rosamond for lunches dinners (an ice cream social), and a couple of EAA chapter talks. We?ve also made two trips up the Owens Valley to Reno ? one of them a direct return, the other coming back down the central valley after a side trip to UC-Davis. And on top of that I have had a number of visitors drop in up here at Big Bear (I like giving folks excuses to fly their airplanes) and I?ve been out doing mountain and desert recons many times, according to my log book.

Lest anyone out there building still wonders if it is worth it, the answer is absolutely yes! The places you can go, the people you will meet - even for an introverted engineer, the experience is hard to beat. Time marches on, however, and my bride is busy with two airplanes back home, so I think I better head back ? before I launch for SnF a week later. I think I?ll trade airplanes, just for variety.

Thanks to all the SOCAL RVators who made the month so enjoyable ? we?ll be back soon!

Paul

The 'introverted engineer' comment reminds me of a joke:

'You are pretty outgoing for an engineer.'

'Why do you say that?'

'You are staring at my shoes rather than your shoes.' :)

BTW, my father is an engineer and my son is in final year of high school and wants to be an engineer. Both have Aspergers, so the 'introverted engineer' comment is something I am familiar with ;)

Tailwinds to all,

Chris

Time marches on, however, and my bride is busy with two airplanes back home, so I think I better head back ? before I launch for SnF a week later. I think I?ll trade airplanes, just for variety.
Paul

Quick, Tsamsiyu, hid in the neighbor's hangar!:eek: