JohnTEEX

I'm New Here
After 5 long years, I finally reached the top of the waiting list at CFD and am moving back into a hangar! (CLL Easterwood razed mine and everyone else's GA hangars back around 2011).

I've got a weekend of moving and setting up to do, but meanwhile, can anyone offer advice on how to get a project back from the mothballs and into production? I've completed empennage and most of wings, have quickbuild fuselage sitting on sawhorses. The whole works have been quietly waiting for me in a 10' x 20' storage unit for what seems like forever!

Advice on safety checks, any recent ADs, how to re-condition air tools, what a builder ought to watch out for after a long layoff etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

--JPW

Welcome, John

...to VAF. Inventory everything and clean/wash all of your components.

Get the books/assembly maual out and re-famiiarize yourself with all the asembly mauals and their sequence of assembly. Ask questions here for more advice.

Best,

Welcome

After 5 long years, I finally reached the top of the waiting list at CFD and am moving back into a hangar! (CLL Easterwood razed mine and everyone else's GA hangars back around 2011).

I've got a weekend of moving and setting up to do, but meanwhile, can anyone offer advice on how to get a project back from the mothballs and into production? I've completed empennage and most of wings, have quickbuild fuselage sitting on sawhorses. The whole works have been quietly waiting for me in a 10' x 20' storage unit for what seems like forever!

Advice on safety checks, any recent ADs, how to re-condition air tools, what a builder ought to watch out for after a long layoff etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

--JPW

Welcome
I would start with a refresh on the inventory to make sure everything is accounted for. Look for any corosion on skins and areas where blue vinyl peels away from edges. Treat what you find. Texas can be humid. I'm from Austin.
Buff the surface rust off if any and oil all the air tools.
Pound a few rivets in scrap, drill them out, later, rinse, repeat.
At home, check the Vans SB database for your model.
I bet you find your skills are ready to go!