RV6AussieNick

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

Some time back I found a photo of an RV with Mum and Dad up front and their young child in a baby seat located in the baggage area, I showed my girlfriend who thought it was so cute, well now that we are expecting I'd like to build a baby seat for our little aviator.

I'm trying to track down some photo's of how the seat was mounted and how it was designed.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Bill Repucci

That's BillR he will be here soon and explain his setup. Looks good indeed. And safe.

...well now that we are expecting I'd like to build a baby seat for our little aviator...
Congrats to both of you!

That's BillR he will be here soon and explain his setup. Looks good indeed. And safe.

Yep, that would be me.

Go to the bottom of my 4th Fuselage page from my web site and it lists the tie downs I used.

The RV's baggage compartment is limited in size you must be careful about selecting a seat that will fit.

Here is what I sent to one of our Brazilian friends:
The car seat comes with a strap that runs through it has a clip on both ends. Here in the States, and I suspect down there, new cars are supposed to have rings for these baby seat hooks. The problem with most of the baby seats is they are simply too large to fit in our baggage compartments. this is the seat we use is one of the smallest ones I could find. It also turns out to be the lightest one in the store.

When Turner was first born, Nora would strap him to her chest and then buckle in the RV. Here is a picture of the two of them in the RV when he was 12 weeks old. That worked great while he was very small.

For hearing protection he still uses these earmuffs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info

Hi Bill,

Thanks, and thanks for the heads up on your attach method, I was thinking of using either anchor nuts (pleat nuts) or riv nuts to attach the mounts. Do you have any photo's of the seat in position showing the base you made, I imagine the base is tall the help keep the baby seat at a good hight. I'll have a look around at work tonight to see what i can use, maybe a piece old seat track crown with pax seat attatch hardware should do the trick.

Still rebuilding my 6 so I still have a bit of time to come up with a design to mount the seat.

Cheers,

Nick,

No base is required. In fact, I doubt you will have much room for one.

However, I do fold up a Thermarest RidgeRest and place it under the babyseat. This is mostly to keep it from sliding around.

The seat has a small stand that folds out, which keeps it upright.