robertahegy

Moderator/Tech Counselor
Rich and I won't be up for the whole week at Oshkosh this year. We usually volunteer in the Registration Shack on the flight line near Aeroshell Square, but the EAA removed it as part of their renovation and everyone that was involved there is somewhat displaced this year. We had been staying at the Roost Bed and Breakfast in Appleton. It's about a 25 minute drive from the fly in and a VERY NICE place to stay. We just gave up our room, so they may have it available. Check out their website:

http://www.theroostbandb.com

Jan and Larry are wonderful hosts and this is a really beautiful place. We liked it because we could get away from the Oshkosh crowd every night. Restaurants in Appleton are great and aren't as busy during the fly in as Oshkosh.

Roberta

We just gave up our room, so they may have it available.

Sorry to not have you at the Roost this year.
I hope whoever takes your room is an early riser and wants to get to the Show early. I would not want Jan and Larry to make early breakfast for just Anna and I.

Hi Phil,

We will miss you and Anna. We are really sad that the group we volunteered with had to break up, too. Oh well, nothing is forever. We had the really big room reserved above the Dining room (the Bella Suite). If interested, Jan and Larry may be able to put you in that one. Give them a call. We will miss being there this year and miss them. We will probably be up for a day or two on our own and for a reunion of our old group.

Have a great time.

Roberta