Looking at the AWI 4 into 1 for my RV8 , what about cabin heat ?

Should be plenty of room for a big muff on the #1 downtube....assuming you want a muff, a nest of scat hoses, and a big hole in the firewall, all just to get iffy heat.

I wired for hot vest power ports instead. Equal and independent heat front and rear. However, we're now into the third winter and we've never plugged one in. The Showplanes canopy seals better than the slider, so the solar heater has been plenty here in the South.

Should be plenty of room for a big muff on the #1 downtube....assuming you want a muff, a nest of scat hoses, and a big hole in the firewall, all just to get iffy heat.

I wired for hot vest power ports instead. Equal and independent heat front and rear. However, we're now into the third winter and we've never plugged one in. The Showplanes canopy seals better than the slider, so the solar heater has been plenty here in the South.

+1 on electric only heat... and the lack of use.

I can't imagine a Florida airplane would need heat very often, if ever.

Heat

Thanks for the info , already own an electric jacket ( motorcycle and open cockpit biplane ) . Guess I saved some money not needing a heater valve .
Happy Holidays,
Tom

Excellent cabin heat with this system

The Spot-welded studs on the AWI exhaust system transfer a lot more heat to the air than the Vettermen non-stud setup. I have had both on my plane and the AWI system will put a lot of heat into the cabin.

Looking at the AWI 4 into 1 for my RV8 , what about cabin heat ?

I have the AWI system and had them coated by Jet-Hot (ceramic coating). I am happy with the AWI system (although my JH chrome-look option discolored). As for heating (I live down the road from you in Cape Canaveral) I did not want my engine compartment cluttered with heat muffs etc. so I had automotive seat heaters fabricated into my Flightline Interior seats. I used them once for a few minutes then shut them down as they were to warm even on the low setting. You might consider that configuration unless you are going to head to the Mason-Dixon and parts North.

FWIW, I'm a little farther north than you (in SC) and also have power wired to each seat (separate switches) for electric clothing (vest, etc) which like others I have in my inventory from motorcycling (sounds like a trend, doesn't it?). Anyway, I've never turned them on (over two winters now), either.

Lee...

heat option

Just a thought....you might be able to set up a heater using your oil cooler as a heat source...or a second oil cooler inside the cabin with a selector valve. Good luck, Russ

AWI

Received the AWI system today , very nice , 321 stainless ,.049 wall , 1.75 diam tubes , aprox 12.5 lbs . They had a price increase from $1188 to $1495 .
Tom