DakotaHawk

Well Known Member
I've spent the better part of the past two weeks in Tigard, Oregon to attend the funeral of my father-in-law. He watched avidly as I built my RV-7, and he always wanted to fly with me. Unfortunately for him (and for me) I could never figure out how to get his frail body into my RV. You see, he was diabetic, and had both of his legs amputated at the knees due to complications of diabetes.

He passed away:( last week at the age of 71, leaving five sons and a daughter (my wife). What a great man!:)

Since I was trying to maintain some semblance of employment during this difficult period, I commuted between my home in Arlington, WA and Sportsman Airpark near Portland, OR several times. With the whole family was in town for the funeral, I managed to get most of them into my RV for intro flights. Eight more of my in-laws, nieces and nephews have flown with me now.

My son, who just got a nice camera for his seventeenth birthday, was designated camaraman. This morning, we had to wait for about 1/2 hour for fog to clear, and then got some amazing shots. Notice the two pictures with contrails coming off the propeller...

350.jpg

1189.jpg

400.jpg

402.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
pictures

Nice plane too...
I liked all the shots.
The water beads on the wing were very cool....
good eye!

I just gave you those pics and now they are all over the internet. ha ha Love you dad

Casey,
Nice eye on finding the right angles and settings for your photos! You might be onto something for your future.
Out of curiosity, what make and model of camera are you using?

More info

These pics were taken on the first takeoff that morning. I was looking at the pictures while waiting for him to enter the pattern when i noticed the contrails. I watched the next takeoff to see if they were visible. They were visible for quite a long time but took a fast eye to keep focused on them.

I use a Canon Rebel XS. I had my 75-300mm lens on. It was on apperture priority for this picture.

I get these all the time in our super-saturated morning air. They are seen with no problem from the cockpit. The first time that I saw them, (My first flight...) I thought that I had an engine fire...