YellowJacket RV9

Well Known Member
Patron
Considering a newly overhauled carb that will also give me a bit more fuel flow - looking at the 10-3678-32 MA-4SPA. ACS has both Avstar units and MS units, with the Avstar being about $300 cheaper. Anybody have any experience with switching - are they identical replacements or might I run into any issues? Any feedback in general on the difference between the two? Thanks!

Chris

Check out Air Power. https://www.airpowerinc.com/10-3678-32-h

They're a little cheaper than Spruce for these.

I recently bought an rebuilt MS carb from them and it was indistinguishable from new. Well packaged, arrived quickly, included new gaskets, and they were easy to deal with for the core refund even though I was a little late sending my core back.

Last edited:
When it was time for a carby OH I made the change from MS to Avstar - primarily because it was in stock here on the other side of the world. What I learned was that Avstar is a quality product, but if you haven’t chosen exactly the right model for the fuel flow requirement for your engine you’ll get no help from Avstar. Their position was the carby meets the spec and they wouldn’t discuss how to get the fuel flow right. And they’ll only release the technical documents to their authorised service agents. I got the distinction impression they don’t want their products on experimental aircraft.

Check out Air Power. https://www.airpowerinc.com/10-3678-32-h

They're a little cheaper than Spruce for these.

I recently bought an rebuilt MS carb from them and it was indistinguishable from new. Well packaged, arrived quickly, included new gaskets, and they were easy to deal with for the core refund even though I was a little late sending my core back.

Yup, just did the same thing with them, same carb. Air Power is an awesome company - always have the best experiences and best prices with them. They took my non-MS in as a core, no problem. Issued the core credit in no time flat. Airplane is running MUCH better on the MS carb. Highly recommended.

Yup, just did the same thing with them, same carb. Air Power is an awesome company - always have the best experiences and best prices with them. They took my non-MS in as a core, no problem. Issued the core credit in no time flat. Airplane is running MUCH better on the MS carb. Highly recommended.
Thanks both of you for the info!

Chris