T.S.

Does anyone have any comments, rants, or raves about Avstar fuel injection?
And how does it compare to SilverHawK?

T.S.
RV-7
preping to hang engine

I did not go with the Avstar. I ordered my engine with a Silverhawk and it came with an Avstar. The injection was then changed at my request to a Silverhawk as I ordered it and I regret that change. At the time of that decision I could not get any feedback or reviews on the Avstar. I have been very disappointed with the Silverhawk to say the least. Since that time I have talked to people with Avstar and comments have always been positive on that system. Just my experience.

T.S.
RV-7

I did not go with the Avstar. I ordered my engine with a Silverhawk and it came with an Avstar. The injection was then changed at my request to a Silverhawk as I ordered it and I regret that change. At the time of that decision I could not get any feedback or reviews on the Avstar. I have been very disappointed with the Silverhawk to say the least. Since that time I have talked to people with Avstar and comments have always been positive on that system. Just my experience.
T.S.
RV-7

Care to add specific details of your Precision experience?

The YIO-320-D1A I bought through Van's came with the AvStar injection. Seems well made, no issues whatsoever through 113 hours.

Last edited: