N787R

I am looking to replace my paper approach charts with a digital chart.
Can Avmap be used to display either NOS or Jepp charts?
If not, any suggestion?

Thanks

Avmap

I have an Avmap EKP IV mounted in an air gizmo mount in my RV9A. To my knowledge, there are no plates available for it. I like it, but find it a little difficult to use. Still new to it, so I am not ready to flame it, just need more time to get used to it. Display is nice, hope it drives my autopilot well. Will see soon!!

HTH...Chris

IIRC, the AvMap uses Jepp database, with a subscription for updates.

Now, as to weather that is the same as what you are looking for---------well probably best to call AvMap direct.

call avmap?

I tried to find a number. But could not.
I know they come with jepp data base. But that is different than IFR charts.

B

Try this

From the AvMap website.

AvMap/USA * 133 Falmouth Road, Mashpee, MA 02649 * 800.363.2627 * Fax: 508.539.4383

AvMap = good experience!

No way to display approach charts (for Europe anyway), so far.
It is a great unit though, I have been using it for a couple of years now, as a knee-pad-unit and it always worked fine. Could not get it to fail, even if I tried to hide the antenna under the dash!

As soon as I am getting to installing the pannel it will be installed in there and it will drive my Tru-Track auto pilot. I do not know how it will perform though.

Did I ever tell that it is a lot cheaper in the USA than it is in Europe? And...... it is even manufactured in Italy, if that matters!

The European Jeppesen-data sucks, but I did get good support from my supplier. He even got me some free Jeppesen updates and a free Software update.

Keep a paper back-up with you at all times. You never know when it may fail, but probably when you least expect it!.