hydroguy2

Well Known Member
Looking for pics of panel mounted AvMap EKP IV without the Gizmo mount.

anyone have some install pics?

ps I've already searched but unable to find any good pics of the mounting.

EKP-IV mounting minus Gizmo

I mounted my EKP-IV without the gizmo in my RV-8 (gizmo used way to much room). I've no clue on posting a picture on the site, but I'll send you what I've got. I basically cut out a hole big enough for the back of the unit to fit through (mount from the front) and used an angle on the bottom to hold the weight of the unit and keep it from falling out and attached the top with a clasp that is hooked in using a camlock fastner. The unit is quickly removable and locked in firmly when installed.

Last edited:
Here is what I did. I think Norman is the creator, but can't be sure

I riveted the angle on. It acts as a clamp on the panel. Works great and the EKP can be pulled quickly if needed elsewhere.

I have mount many this way since the AV-MAP first came out and before gizzmos came along. None have fallen out yet in normal flight or while doing aerobatics. Saves a lot of panel space and cheap too.

Here is what I did. I think Norman is the creator, but can't be sure

I riveted the angle on. It acts as a clamp on the panel. Works great and the EKP can be pulled quickly if needed elsewhere.

I got a used unit that did not come with the knee bracket, but does have a Gizmo mount.

Is the knee adapter only held to the Avmap by the velcro?

Thanks for the pics. I think I can figure something.

Brian,
You could cobble something together using some of the industrial "plastic" velcro that would work fine. You might also find someone willing to donate the knee board that is using the Air Gizmo mount.

Av Map

Avmap sells a fix mount Aluminum bracket (20$) it uses velcro and would be a good start for your mount, I have a laird owen panel and have the AV map canted to me , send me your email if you want a pic
Peter

(I do lots of acro and no problems

Looking for pics of panel mounted AvMap EKP IV without the Gizmo mount.

anyone have some install pics?

ps I've already searched but unable to find any good pics of the mounting.