carguy614

Well Known Member
Hi all.
Seem to be having trouble getting the Avmap to communicate with the True Track AP in my plane. Single axis. Ground testing now, and wonder if others have had this issue. Some diagnostic tips would be most appreciated.

Thanks a million...Chris

If you have an older model of the Av-Map it will have problems. I can't remember the version number required to make it work. Check with Av-Map they can help you. It will talk to it very well with the latest version. Make sure you have the A/P set to baud rate of 4800. Also you must make sure that the Av-Map output is turned on and the the first proper sentences are turned on.

Chris,
I just noticed that AvMap has a new software update on their website today. If you don't have the newest software, that might help with your problems. You will need a compact flash card reader to upload the new software, but it isn't difficult. The newest software release addresses the NEMA output used by autopilots. Good Luck.

Mark

avmap

Thanks Guys... found the new software. Looks like that may be the problem. I do have the output enabled, and the sentences look good as well. 4800 baud in the AP. Looks like this release is so recent I missed it!!

Regards...Chris