Python

Hi, Iā€™m looking to install an uAvionix Avmag in my RV 6 I have flasher units in both wings so prefer the tail.Has anyone installed one in the tail of a 6 & do you have any tips or photos ?šŸ

Hi, Iā€™m looking to install an uAvionix Avmag in my RV 6 I have flasher units in both wings so prefer the tail.Has anyone installed one in the tail of a 6 & do you have any tips or photos ?šŸ
Following the discushion.
I have an avmag waiting to go in our 6 too. As I also have whelen strobes in the wings too, so will go for a crawl down the back and find somewhere there too.

Don H

I also have Whelen strobes and my magnetometer (Not uAvionix) is installed all the way on the back of the plane, just in front of vertical stabilizer.
Never had problems with this location. Always acurate and rock solid indications.
Hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1848.JPG
    IMG_1848.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 14
Thank you Juliano,

The shelf at the back in the tail makes a lot of sense from a future access / serviceability perspective, but I wondered whether the steel of the tailwheel weldment, spring etc. would affect anything.

Does anyone with a tailwheel and magnetometer in the back of the fuselage have any experience?

Donh

Thank you Juliano,

The shelf at the back in the tail makes a lot of sense from a future access / serviceability perspective, but I wondered whether the steel of the tailwheel weldment, spring etc. would affect anything.

Does anyone with a tailwheel and magnetometer in the back of the fuselage have any experience?

Donh
My GRT legacy magnetometer is there and I did have to degauss my left rudder cable.

GRT status menu page showed the oddity in yaw axis. Hunted with a compass.