tonyjohnson

Well Known Member
I am wiring some or all of my own avionics. BTW, I don't think I would even consider this task if not for VAF and the knowledge available here. I have searched the forums and cannot find exactly the information that I am looking for.

My avionics include:

GRT Sport with the GRT autopilot

PMA 8000B audio panel
SL30 Nav Comm
Icomm A200 Comm radio
Garmin 327 Transponder

Garmin 396 as a backup gps for the sport, and also to generate audio alarms

I will have a Dynon D6 as a backup instrument. I may have this instrument stand completely alone as a completely independant backup.

I have considered the Fast Stack approach and have the greatest respect for Tim and his system. If I find this to be too much for me to handle I will probably go that route.

Does anyone have a pin out diagram for a system like mine? If so, I would very much appreciate your sharing it with me.

I am wiring some or all of my own avionics. BTW, I don't think I would even consider this task if not for VAF and the knowledge available here. I have searched the forums and cannot find exactly the information that I am looking for.

My avionics include:

GRT Sport with the GRT autopilot

PMA 8000B audio panel
SL30 Nav Comm
Icomm A200 Comm radio
Garmin 327 Transponder

Garmin 396 as a backup gps for the sport, and also to generate audio alarms

I will have a Dynon D6 as a backup instrument. I may have this instrument stand completely alone as a completely independant backup.

I have considered the Fast Stack approach and have the greatest respect for Tim and his system. If I find this to be too much for me to handle I will probably go that route.

Does anyone have a pin out diagram for a system like mine? If so, I would very much appreciate your sharing it with me.

Everything you need is in the various installation manuals. The Garmin manuals are a little more difficult to find, but are available. You can google them or get them from the vendor that sold you the hardware.

If you don't take the time to understand the information in the installation manuals, I would highly recommend hiring SteinAir or Aerotronics to create a schematic for you.

Very similar to ours

Tony,

George and I have very similar systems and collectively we're using the same components you are.

We were talking around so many subjects last Sunday I guess we didn't get around to suggestions for you.

Can you make it to breakfast in Lakeland Saturday morning? Perhaps we can help lay out a plan of attack for you. None of it is difficult. Just one wire at a time and double check it's in the right place.

Check your PM's

Thanks guys

Thanks for the input.

Brian, I appreciate the pin out info. I was up till past midnight last night reading the install manuals that I downloaded for each of the avionics components and trying to get it all arranged in my head.

Carl, I would love to have the assistance of you and George. Perhaps we can meet at the "Treasure Island Boys Club" for another cookout combined with an avionics plan/build session. It is a good place to "get out of the heat" and we will have lots of space to work in an airconditioned environment.

I may be able to meet you at LAL for breakfast on Saturday morning although I will have to drive in. I really appreciate your help. I view this as an opportunity to learn some cool stuff.

I guess the first thing I need to do is set up a pin list similar to that provided by Brian, that will work for my specific application. There are a couple of small thinkgs that would be custom that I would want to do, such as flip flop and change radios from the stick grip etc.

My impression, perhaps an incorrect one, is that wiring the GRT Sport to the Transponder, autopilot and 396 is relatively simple....each connection requiring only a wire or two. The difficult part seems to be wiring the two 44 pin harnesses from the PMA 8000B and the two radios.

CAD drawings

Tony,
I have AutoCad schematics I made for my Icom A200 and Garmin GTX320A. The 320 and 327 both share the same tray and rear connector, so it should work for you. I can email them to you. Do you have software to view DWG files?
Charlie Kuss

I dunno

Charlie,

It is good to hear from you, I hope you have been well. I don't know if I have a program to view .dwg documents, I probably would know if I had it.

TIBC works for me

If you can get to Lakeland Saturday perhaps we can set up a time to get together.
Do you have the installation instructions for the Garmin 327 and SL 30?? If not, I do. Let me know. The audio panel is the most complex, especially if you add flip flops and other accessories to the stick.

We can talk about all this later. Hope to see you Saturday.