Sounds like you don't want to sell direct but dealer?
Why go middle man, they will have to take commission.

selling..... VAF Classifieds, eBay... Trade A Plane, Barn Stormers
buying.....VAF Classifieds, eBay... Trade A Plane, Barn Stormers

LOCAL Avionics shop may take gear on "consignment". They may want a big cut, depending on what it is and price it may sit forever.

Sell it yourself on VAF Classified. Figure out a reasonable price, take pictures and upload them. Then figure out how to get paid by buyer, and then ship it. Pack it well, insure it.

Can I ask what you are selling and what you want for the item or items? Some things sell them self and for a good price. Other things are a hard sell or can't give it away.

Sold lots of things on VAF, mostly small things. Some people buying/selling on VAF prefer to have a middleman as insurance on a large purchase to avoid a scam. Stein has always been mentioned as the go to, but they informed me that they are not currently doing this service. I was soliciting for another company that would provide the same service.

As for selling I have a classified ad for a Trig KY91 on VAF.

Not Aircraft Specific

I've used

Escrow.com

a few times including selling an emp kit here. Easy and no issues

Someone called and got a different answer. I decided to call Stein myself.

The answer, if you email you get told they do not do it.
If you call it’s done on a case by case.

Here’s the skinny. They don’t want to sell, switches knobs etc, or ancient avionics. It needs to be a substantial item to be worth their time and yours.

Appreciate that they still do this.

Someone called and got a different answer. I decided to call Stein myself.

The answer, if you email you get told they do not do it.
If you call it’s done on a case by case.

Here’s the skinny. They don’t want to sell, switches knobs etc, or ancient avionics. It needs to be a substantial item to be worth their time and yours.

Appreciate that they still do this.

My experience too. I recently bought an Avidyne IFD from Stein and sold my old 430W here on VAF. In that circumstance, he did offer to T&E the 430W for the buyer and act as broker if it passed muster.