rv7charlie

Well Known Member
Anyone who's monitoring from SNF or just back that can share info on new avionics products or hot deals? I couldn't go this year & it was planned as my year to buy an efis & autopilot.

Dynon is my current leader for VFR price/features. Any better deals at SNF?

Thanks,

Charlie

Just got back. Didn't notice anything spectacular. Garmin introduced the panel version of the 696, but I don't think that was a surprise.

Talked with a couple of vendors who expressed that they were "hunkering down to weather the storm"...

Dynon?

Best price I saw at Sun N Fun for the D10A was $1980 fm Wicks. Same as their website, but at Sun N Fun plus tax.

Other than the folks fm Flying Mag slashing shirt prices the last day, no other really good deals observed, but had a great time. 4 days there with motorhome, and back with RV6 today.

I was looking for a good deal on a Garmin SL-30. I asked all of the avionics vendors I could find and they all quoted the price that is on their respective websites or higher. Of course as already mentioned I would have to pay sales tax if I bought it there.

WAS TOLD AT DYNON BOOTH THAT IT WOULD BE ABOUT THIS TIME NEXT YEAR BEFORE NEXT GENERATION WOULD BE AVAILABLE THAT SUCKS.THEY KEEP MOVING THERE DATE UP. MIGHT CHANGE MY PANEL PLANS.

Don't miss situation opportunities. Talked to a friend just back from S&F this AM. Bought a lot of avionics...and his wife thinks he got a very good deal for buying now <g>

Dynon through Spruce

I bought the D-180 through Spruce, Dynon does not discount there stuff. Anyways, it was free shipping and I was given 3% off the unit and 2% off the extras I bought like the fuel flow transducer and backup battery. In total I think I saved around $120 as well as whatever the shipping would have been. I ordered Wednesday of the show and it arrived today! Now I have to figure out how to power it up on the bench so my wife can see what I spent so much money on.

Cheers