JonJay

Well Known Member
For some reason, my pizo fused electronics system is having a thermal related "event" when the oat warms up. The manufacturer recommended I install a fan of sorts to move some air.
I won't go into the specifics of this issue in the post, just want to know what others may be using for a fan. I don't need anything fancy, just need to push a bit of air around under the panel.

I installed this one. It is pricey, but I have never had any problems operating in the heat of Florida summers. I have it routed to the GNS430W, the Lightspeed box, and the GTX330 (I think!).

If you just want to move air around, a 12 volt computer fan works fine. If you want to plumb air to something a 2" computer fan, a length of 2" SCAT, a length of 1" SCAT, a little funnel as a reducer, some cable ties and RTV....a whole lot cheaper than an aviation option.

Paul

I installed this one. It is pricey, but I have never had any problems operating in the heat of Florida summers. I have it routed to the GNS430W, the Lightspeed box, and the GTX330 (I think!).

That's the same one I installed also, if you want your electronics to last they need to stay cool :cool:

If you just want to move air around, a 12 volt computer fan works fine. If you want to plumb air to something a 2" computer fan, a length of 2" SCAT, a length of 1" SCAT, a little funnel as a reducer, some cable ties and RTV....a whole lot cheaper than an aviation option.

Paul

Totally agree, just run scat tube to it. My 10 is cooled that way Dual Cheltons put out a ton of heat.

Two 12V 80mm computer fans

I run them all the time during the summer and they also worked great as defrosters this past winter in Ohio/Ky. Install them directly in front of pilot/copilot. Mine draw less than .2 Amps each.