expbuilder

I'm New Here
I have been lurking for a while I have a pretty good background on building in general, but I almost know nothing about electrical / avionics at all. I wanted to see if I can get recommendations on any good books or DVD's, etc that go into installing Comm units, audio panels, GPS, etc. Things like how to do the pin outs, building the wiring harness, testing, and troubleshooting. Any good suggestions?

I am looking into taking one of the EAA Sport Air workshops on Electrical/Avionics in a couple of weeks, has anyone attended this course before and have found it to be useful?

Yes, I agree. Bob Nuckolls book "The Aero Electric Connection" is THE GOLD STANDARD for all of us home builders. My specific background is in the electrical, electronics field, and on occasion I get to glimpse and comment on high end a/c flight solutions. Bob has dedicated quite a bit of time in the explanation of basic (and further on in his book) not so basic theory and solutions, and what does and may not be appropriate to our a/c.

You will also find him as a regular poster and answer guy on the matronics.com list of aeroelectric.

His book, and many others that delve into the specifics of a/c electrical, electronics, systems and integrations, antenna, and just about anything in our a/c that depend on electron flow can be found in the Aircraft Spruce catalog, and also on the Aircraft Builders Bookstore.

Finally, with Bob's book, his website contains all updates to his book, usually by chapter. He really does provide a great product and service.

Can you tell I'm a BIG FAN!!