WVM

Well Known Member
Hi,

I am planning to go to Oshkosh for the first time. While reviewing the options I noticed the offer "Aviators Club". When I then saw the price, I quickly thought "No, Thank you!". But thinking about it, I may have some benefits. We are international visitors, hence have limitation on luggage weight. We would really want to sleep onsite, so we will be camping in our tent. But this also forces us to daily eat at the venue. A small tent, ok, but chairs, ... will be a bit difficult. Considering this it may be interesting to have a daily breakfast and lunch arranged. On the other hand I don't know what to expect in terms of quality and variation. Second thing is that you get cold drinks and air-conditioning all day long. But if we are do activities all day long, and only being able to benefit from it during the airshow, it may a lot of money...

What is your advice on the "Aviators Club"? Who has tried it?

We have done the Aviations club the 2 years we went to Oshkosh.
One time it was on them as I won second place in the contest. 2012 was on us.
The food was outstanding and with all the water and other items you might want during the day... It was always a nice place to get out of the sun.
My only request would be that it would be open a little later in the evening. just as a place to socialize.

Smilin' Jack

I can't comment on the Aviators Club, but I can comment on other food options. There are plenty of food options for folks camping on site. Several of the food sites are open for both breakfast and dinner, with a variety of different menu choices throughout the week.

For me, I didn't see enough value in the Aviators Club to justify its premium price.

As far as seating goes, there are many retailers located nearby. You can buy a camping chair, use it for the week, then donate it to Goodwill or pitch it in the trash when you leave. Although many just toss a blanket on the grass and watch the air show from there.

Nooooo DEFINATELY not worth the money.Do not do it, nobody should waste their money on it....Stay away!!!!!

Coz we have all booked and nobody should know about it :D:D ;)

Food options

I camp with my RV in homebuilt camping and have found it easier to not bring food with me. There are plenty of places to eat on the grounds, including in camp Scholler were you will be camping.

Hi, thank you all for your comments.

Can you buy camping chairs on site?

I think I recall seeing some available in the main EAA Warehousein the past, but I wouldn't count on them. There may be some in the fly market, but you never know what's there.

There are several places within a mile of the airport that sell them. If you're camping in Scholler, it usually isn't a problem to find somebody running out to a store and you can hop a ride with them. Just as a reference, Home Depot had them on sale for $6.99 this weekend. I'm sure that Walmart and Target will be about the same.