skidoc

List of airports of entry in bahamas with Avgas?
Available in Andros?

Any particular rules for experimentals? I don't have 12 inch numbers which are required. Anything else in particular? Mine is IFR equipped, ELT etc.

You guys are amazing. Someone will know the recent availability.

Fuel at Marsh Harbur was $6.12 :eek: on Thursday.....and at Fort Pierce KFPR it was $4.25 on Friday.

Dave the Swift driver....just back from Treasure Cay

get some.........

2 inch blue painters tape and tape on n #s on the way back. simple and cheap. where do you need gas. those are some long islands. most customs have fuel.

I traveled to Staniel Cay in the Exumas last Fall, without 12" numbers. I did bring along a roll of tape in case someone made a fuss. No one in the Bahamas said squat, nor did West Palm Beach customs when I returned. Go figure.

Bamaha and Island Pilot's Guide Available

Stephen:
You should take a look at this:
http://www.pilotpub.com/store.php
For less than $80, you can get the guide, charts, and custom forms. I'd suggest at least buying the book. Found it very useful on the trips I've made, especially for fuel and lodging.
Have fun.
Terry, CFI
RV-9A N323TP

We leave tomarow for Exuma. I go every year and have never had trouble getting gas. There is alot of good info on AOPA. Go to the site and search Bahamas. The pilot guide mention in a prior post is also good info. I bought one and have not regreted it.
Don't forget to file your EAPIS.
Have fun, I know I will.

If you're an AOPA member, they have a ton of info on thier website:

http://www.aopa.org/members/pic/intl/

Otherwise, for the Bahamas, here ya go:
Pilot-in-Command

The pilot in command must have a current:
Passengers

• Each passenger must have a current passport
  • Children traveling with only one parent must have a notarized statement of approval from the absent parent stating the dates of the trip.
Aircraft

All U.S. registered aircraft must have:
  • A standard Airworthiness Certificate
  • A permanent registration certificate (no temporary certificates/pink slips)
  • A radio station license
  • Operating limitations information
  • Weight and Balance information
  • A life vest/flotation device for each person aboard (It’s recommended you also carry a life raft.)
  • An ID data plate
  • 12-inch registration marks
  • Transponder with Mode C
  • Aircraft with fuel tanks installed in the baggage or passenger compartments must have Form 337 on board.
  • Note: Bahamian officials will allow U.S.-registered aircraft to fly with 121.5 MHz ELTs until Feb. 1, 2011, and then reevaluate. The Bahamas Civil Aviation has issued an “Exemption from Mandatory 406MHz Emergency Locator Transmitter,” which should be printed and carried to the Bahamas to present to officials, if needed.
Customs and Border Protection

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) requires
  • An annual user fee decal ($27.50) – allow a few weeks for delivery. 2010 decal renewals are now available. CPB encourages all applicants to use the online renewal process, which is fast, secure, and accurate. Pre-printed paper applications will be mailed only by request - not automatically sent as in previous years. To request a pre-printed paper renewal application, call the User Fee Help Desk at 317/298-1245, option 3; or email [email protected].
  • eAPIS CBP’s Electronic Advance Passenger Information System
Departing the U.S.

• All aircraft must be on an activated IFR or Defense VFR flight plan for flying through the ADIZ
  • The first landing in the Bahamas must be at a Bahamian Customs airport of entry. Call ahead to announce your planned arrival time.
Flying in the Islands

marshharbourairport.jpg

• For island-hopping flexibility, obtain a cruising permit at your airport of entry.
  • Flight plans are recommended for island flying, though you may need to open and close them from altitude if phones are not available.
  • VFR flying at night is prohibited except within the airport traffic areas of Freeport and Nassau.
  • Have cash for fuel purchases; while some airports do accept credit cards, others do not.
  • FAA charges any foreign- or domestic-registered aircraft (via a bill to the registered owner) overflight fees for flights in U.S.-controlled airspace that neither take off nor land in the United States. An example would be a flight that departs Freeport in the Bahamas and flies to Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos, while using ATC services from Miami Center. FAA does not, however, bill any owner if the fees incurred are less than $250 per calendar month. The fee per 100 nautical miles is on the FAA's Web site.
  • If you fly from Puerto Rico to the U.S. Virgin Islands, you can fly as a domestic flight with no eAPIS, or CBP entry requirements, just fly and land. However, if you fly from the U.S. Virgin Islands to Puerto Rico you must clear with CBP at an international port. However, you DO NOT file an eAPIS; you file the old CBP Form 178 and request permission and an appointment.
Returning to the U.S.

• Return your immigration tourist card and cruising permit
  • Pay a $15 per passenger departure tax
  • File an activated IFR or Defense VFR flight plan for flying through the ADIZ with ADCUS (advise customs) in the remarks section
  • Call U.S. CBP at least one hour and no more than 23 hours before your planned U.S. arrival time. (Do not rely only on ADCUS – call to verify CBP has your flight plan).
  • File an eAPIS arrival manifest (if you filed eAPIS reports for both legs of your trip before you left the U.S., you do not have to file again).
  • Land at the first U.S. CBP airport of entry after crossing the U.S. border. Be on time – a little late is better than early.