Clarkie

Well Known Member
Just wanted to give a shout out to Bob Avery.

I gave my Dad my pneumatic squeezer for his RV-10 build. The adjustable pin that accepts the dimple die literally cracked in half rendering the squeezer useless. My Dad called Bob, asked for a replacement and Bob sent one out Priority Mail. When he told me about it I said I didn't buy it through Avery. Bob also replied the same to my Dad after he took a look at the picture he sent. No charge and priority shipping. Bob now has a customer for life.

Bob Avery

Just wanted to give a shout out to Bob Avery.

I gave my Dad my pneumatic squeezer for his RV-10 build. The adjustable pin that accepts the dimple die literally cracked in half rendering the squeezer useless. My Dad called Bob, asked for a replacement and Bob sent one out Priority Mail. When he told me about it I said I didn't buy it through Avery. Bob also replied the same to my Dad after he took a look at the picture he sent. No charge and priority shipping. Bob now has a customer for life.

+1
I called once and spoke with his daughter. He must have overheard because he asked to speak with me. An hour later, I had exactly what I needed, plenty of instruction and we said good bye.
Awesome company and family.

+1

I've spent a lot of time with Bob at his booth at Oshkosh, asking newbie/dumb questions about tools and airplane building.. He's always been very patient and attentive. Avery Tools is a great family business, and in my opinion, Bob is tops.

Me too

And another kudos for Bob. When I started building about 6 years ago my brother loaned me his pneumatic squeezer. From the way it worked and looked it was probably manufactured and used in WWII. I gave it to Bob and it came back looking like it was brand new. It has worked great my entire project.

Thanks Bob

Me too

I left my squeezer on the table while I was banging away, dimpling a skin. I didn't notice the vibrations causing the squeezer to move until it fell off the table. It bent part of the trigger mechanism, rendering the squeezer useless. Bob Avery spent at least 15 or 20 minutes on the phone with me, talking me through how to fix it.

Thanks to Bob for great service.

Old habits

I finished my plane 5-1/2 year ago and I am still drawn to Avery's booth and have to buy something every year.:)