dspender

Well Known Member
Patron
Purchased the Avery RV kit to practice with while I await my RV10 kit purchase arrival. The gun comes with two coils which retain the rivet head. One is silver colored, has about five coils, and easily screws onto the rivet gun. The other is black, shaped like a bee hive, has about 13 coils, and does not easily screw onto the rivet gun. What do I use this latter bee hived shaped coil for and is there an easy way to attach it to the rivet gun

The non-"beehive" spring is the quick change retainer. I have not used the beehive spring that came with mine, nor can I see ever doing so. I guess it would be useful for production environments where you ALWAYS use the same rivet set with the gun, but in our case it just mans it's a major hassle to change sets.

It should ultimately just screw onto the gun but may be a little thight when new.

It's the one I generally use with universal or back rivet set. It's more secure than the quick change coil.

I primarily use the flush set (swivel type with attached coil) or the universal set so if I switch... I'm threading on or off anyway.

Last edited:
The beehive spring is for the flush set, the quick release spring is for the longer cupped rivet sets or back rivet set.

The beehive spring is easy to get on and off if you just twist it a bit to enlarge the coils.