WSBuilder

Well Known Member
No surprises here, but I just wanted to applaud some recent, over-the-top customer service.

I recently stopped in at Avery?s to feed my tool monkey and sponge some RV-4 knowledge from Bob. I also took my ancient and broken, non-Avery back-rivet set in to see if he had a replacement for the weird 5-40 internal hex stop bolt. He did not, but he proceeded to ruin several taps and drills trying to retool the thing. I told him I?d be glad to buy a new one but he wouldn?t (couldn?t?) stop! He finally machined it using a carbide cutter to re-hole the denser-than-a-collapsed-star set, and then assembled it with a new spring, collar and drift pin (plus spares). For free!

Is there a nicer guy on the planet?

Bob Avery is the Best!

...and is a man among men. He would be a multimillionaire if he had $1 for every person he has helped.

Last edited:
Nothing but praise...

I have nothing but praise for all the people at Avery Tools. On one of my orders, the order arrived with a hole in the box (thanks, UPS) and sure enough, a bucking bar was missing. I called Avery and, no questions asked, they replaced the missing part.

I have nothing but praise for all the people at Avery Tools. On one of my orders, the order arrived with a hole in the box (thanks, UPS) and sure enough, a bucking bar was missing. I called Avery and, no questions asked, they replaced the missing part.

I have to wait 2 month to get my order, awfull service bad bad, they dont answer my mails untill y resend 10 times. My credit card was charged on november and the order arrive last week.