beats me

Dan,
I can tell you that the ones that Stein sells will absolutely seal tight. I spent several hours flying last saturday and got a good chance to play with them.

After using Vans plastic vents on my '9, good vents were a must for the '8.

Ditto....the Stein vents are super. I have a pair of the smaller ones in the front panel of my -8, and the large one for the rear seat px. Air tight seal on both. I have no experience with the Aveo unit.

Are you recommending Stien for the 9A also

.....course I am not flying yet. They appear to be really nice and the seal appears to be very good. The quality is first rate. I guess I will find out how well they work:).

I have got the QB 9A. I strayed away from Vans fuel valve and went with the Andair fuel valve and bought the Andair fuel pump and filter and did a doubler plates on my step tubes switched my servos from tru-track to Dynon so are you saying Stiens got good vents too? Open for ideas. Ron

Follow up....ordered an AveoAir standard vent from Spruce to check sealing. It leaks, although no worse than the SteinAir example most find satisfactory. Obviously both are better than a Vans plastic ball vent.

Last edited:
New pirep....

Previously I tried the 1.75" large outlet version from Stein and the small 0.86" outlet AvioAir model from Spruce.....and I wasn't impressed with either one. Servicable, but leaky.

Stein insisted that I try the 1.25" version and dropped one in the mail. Now I know why ya'll were bragging.....it is an excellent vent and does indeed seal tight as a drum. I'll put it in the back seat of my -8. When Momma is happy, everybody is happy ;)