Coling955

Hi all,
Trying to find out the current status (price/availability) of Aveo's combined comm/transponder 'Transcom' unit. I've had no reply from Aveo and the photos of the unit no longer appear on the company's website. Hope they haven't given up with it as it looks like a cracking piece of kit. Anyone able to shed light on this?

Amen to that

Aveo are the best in the world at producing brochures. They are wonderful publications with beautiful graphics, terrific concepts and enticing delivery promises.

Hardware is another thing entirely; so far it's just some ball vents, cabin lights, rocker switches and some of the promised versions of their LED nav light system; hardly earth shattering stuff (well okay, the LEDs that have actually shipped might be pretty hot).

I saw some prototype hardware of a 'Flitecontrol' power management system at Oshkosh last year that looked like it might rival the best Vertical Power systems but where is it now? No sign at all of the TransCom/TraffiCom, which reached "golden master" stage, according to the website, but that must be two years ago.

Sorry Aveo but I'm getting frustrated. Should I remove the Trafficom graphic from my panel design? Please, show us some product!

Nuisance, as the stuff looks great. I've had no reply from the factory and if it's this much hassle to get an answer on whether or not we can buy it, I worry about the service if it were to go wrong.